Scholarship Application Procedures
- Applicant must be an African-American male high school senior graduating from a San Bernardino or Riverside county high school with the class of May of your Senior Year.
- Applicant must have a 2.50 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicant must return application by the deadline of April.
- Applicant must complete all information requested and sign scholarship application.
- Application must be typed.
- Applicant must include an official copy of their transcript, accompanied by their SAT/ACT scores, unless scores are included on transcript.
- Applicant must include at least (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher or school official. The letter should highlight applicant’s extra-curricular activities, background, achievements, leadership abilities, and community involvement.
- Applicant must submit a thematic essay based on one of the Fraternities Four Cardinal Principals (Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance or Uplift) as it pertains to this year’s prompt: Focusing on Us, Not I. Essays should be reflective of applicant’s personal perspective, vocational aspirations and career goals, community interests and/or hobbies. Consider your thematic essay as equivalent to an interview. Essay must be typed and consist of at least 500 words but no more than 750 words in length.
- Essay must be typed. Please use a 12pt font.
Please read the scholarship directions and qualifications completely on the first page of the application
All parts of the scholarship application must be received no later than the deadline of April of the application year.
P.S.: Public recognition of awards are TBD. Plan to attend with a parent or guardian.
Upload Essays HERE
or mail completed application packet to:
Pi Rho Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
PO Box 55093, Riverside, CA 92517
Attention: Garry Biggers, Scholarship Chair